Expansion joints are elastic components. An expansion joint is used to absorb expansions and vibrations in a pipeline or to compensate for inaccuracies in the assembly of system components.
Depending on the application, an expansion joint can be made of various materials such as steel, stainless steel, nickel-based alloys, rubber, fabric, PTFE or Teflon. The design is primarily determined by the medium to be conveyed, the pressure, temperature, size and the direction of the expansion needing to be absorbed.
At our production sites in Germany and the Czech Republic, our experienced team manufactures metal expansion joints, corrugated pipe expansion joints, lens expansion joints, rectangular expansion joints, rubber expansion joints, fabric expansion joints, metal, hydraulic and rubber hoses as well as components for the construction of systems and pipelines.
Our expansion joints are carefully planned out by the skilled and dedicated contact persons in our sales department to meet our customers' requirements.
Range of products from HKS
HKS manufactures expansion joints for a wide range of applications. The fabrication ranges from standardised expansion joints produced on an industrial scale to those tailor-made to meet individual customers' needs.
Areas of application for expansion joints
- To absorb temperature-induced changes in the length of pipeline systems
- To reduce forces and moments in connection points
- To compensate for relative movements between system components
- To absorb subsidence in the foundations and ground
- To dampen vibrations and structure-borne noise
- To compensate inaccuraries in the assembly
- As an expansion part for fittings